100% full Not resolved
3.0
Cleanliness
Quality of Accommodation

I was staying at Suburban Lodge (Savannah, GA) for about a month. Two weeks before I left, I started having issues with my scalp- really itchy and bumps started to form. I didn't think too much of it- I thought it was a reaction to the pollen in the air. I changed rooms and the same problem happened again.

On the final night of my stay, I was getting ready for bed ( about 12:15am). I was in bed and glanced beside me when I saw a small brown/black bug crawling on the sheet next to me! When I picked the bug up and mashed it- I saw blood.

I immediately jumped out of the bed and pulled back the sheets. I found two bed bugs crawling around as well as two small blood stains on the sheets.

It was really late so I decided to talk to the manager in the morning. I know that he has a small child and I really didn't want to disturb them. There wasn't a whole lot of things that could be done anyway. I did, however, take pictures and I forward those to the Choice Hotels customer service email address.

The next morning, I went to check out. I did let the front desk clerk (younger lady- really nice) about the bugs. She said they could do an "exit" inspection (I have stayed there before and I have never seen them do an inspection at check out). I let her know that I had to leave, I was going to be late to work and I would be back later in the afternoon to finalize check out. When I let her know about the bugs another patron was in the office as well. He asked a few questions about them.

When I returned later in the afternoon, Peter was dismissive and arrogant. I told him about the bugs and attempted to show him the pictures that I had. He barely glanced at them. When I told him again, he then said that "they didn't notice anything and that they don't have that problem." He said that after looking at the pictures that I have posted below.

I left the hotel. I doubt I will be back.

I got an email from Choice but I am not expecting them to do much of anything. They will defend their employees before listening to the complaint of a consumer.

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery of suburban extended stay hotel room from Suburban Extended Stay Hotel and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was bed bugs. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Suburban Extended Stay Hotel for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Suburban Extended Stay Hotel?

Comments