Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - BEWARE OF BED BUGS

I was staying at Suburban Lodge (Savannah, GA) for about a month. Two weeks before I left, I started having issues with my scalp- really itchy and bumps started to form. I didn't think too much of it- I thought it was a reaction to the pollen in the air. I changed rooms and the same problem happened again.

On the final night of my stay, I was getting ready for bed ( about 12:15am). I was in bed and glanced beside me when I saw a small brown/black bug crawling on the sheet next to me! When I picked the bug up and mashed it- I saw blood.

I immediately jumped out of the bed and pulled back the sheets. I found two bed bugs crawling around as well as two small blood stains on the sheets.

It was really late so I decided to talk to the manager in the morning. I know that he has a small child and I really didn't want to disturb them. There wasn't a whole lot of things that could be done anyway. I did, however, take pictures and I forward those to the Choice Hotels customer service email address.

The next morning, I went to check out. I did let the front desk clerk (younger lady- really nice) about the bugs. She said they could do an "exit" inspection (I have stayed there before and I have never seen them do an inspection at check out). I let her know that I had to leave, I was going to be late to work and I would be back later in the afternoon to finalize check out. When I let her know about the bugs another patron was in the office as well. He asked a few questions about them.

When I returned later in the afternoon, Peter was dismissive and arrogant. I told him about the bugs and attempted to show him the pictures that I had. He barely glanced at them. When I told him again, he then said that "they didn't notice anything and that they don't have that problem." He said that after looking at the pictures that I have posted below.

I left the hotel. I doubt I will be back.

I got an email from Choice but I am not expecting them to do much of anything. They will defend their employees before listening to the complaint of a consumer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Room 200
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #830937

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Suburban Extended Stay Hotel.
Filing a new complaint about